It is not uncommon for pests to disrupt your place of business. Despite their apparent harmlessness, they can cause health problems, contamination, and additional costs. The cleanliness of your warehouse does not make you immune from infestation. You can, however, prevent, identify, and remove pests properly if you have the proper knowledge.
Preventive techniques should be integrated into your everyday practices to protect your building. When it comes to preventing pests, this is a crucial step and an effective strategy. Regular cleaning is essential, but some specifics can deter animals or insects. Here are some prevention methods you can use at your facility:
- Take away all sources of water, food, and shelter.
- Items should be stored in secure, sealed containers.
- Garbage should be disposed of regularly and make sure garbage cans have a lid that is tightly closed.
- Keep clutter and potential hiding places to a minimum.
- To prevent outside entry, seal and close any cracks and holes.
- Ensure that the roof, basement floor, and walls are regularly cleaned and surveyed.
Identifying An Infestation
The term “pest” refers to any insect or animal that can harm humans or their living conditions in any way. Their impact levels can range from mild irritation to fatal disease. The following are some of the most common pests you may encounter:
- Bed bugs
Both urban and rural areas are home to most of these pests. If a pest invades your workplace, it can cause a lot of damage to your facility and to your employees.
A pest’s attraction can be fueled by one of three things: food, water, or shelter. If you suspect an infestation, make sure all three needs are met in any area of your facility. Everything from food storage to warehouse basements to elevated rafters falls under this category.
If you are unable to locate the infestation yourself, contact a professional like Pest Control Pros to help identify and treat any underlying or visible pest issues. Get in touch today!